Thursday, March 15, 2012

Anthology: Theme Statement

For my anthology theme, I am choosing to do "Infinity." It is something that is really difficult to comprehend, yet something that most can relate to. It is also a topic that can be interpreted in a plethora of ways, making it a precise art to be able to narrow down the best artifacts that will complement each other. 

I got this idea from a novel I read earlier in the year, The Perks of Being a Wallflower. My first artifact is a quote from this book, "And in that moment I swear we were infinite." The feeling of infinity is ineffable, but in the context of this sentence, it becomes crystal clear. As a second artifact, I would love to use the infinity symbol. Sure, it's predictable, but it has great meaning behind it and it represents the definition of the word to its entirety.

No comments:

Post a Comment