Sunday, February 19, 2012

Short List 2-20-12

This year as I made a trip to the Chalk walk downtown, I came across a very peculiar, but amazing chalk design. It was what looked to be a huge black hole that had opened up from the ground with alien-like creatures climbing out of it. It's crazy how real it seemed; I was so intrigued. I decided to look it up and see if I could find similar pieces and sure enough I did. Above is another great example. 

Simple Silhouette
These aren't your ordinary portraits. They are silhouettes. These photos force me to wonder who that person is. What does he look like? Is he smiling for the shot or is he wincing in pain? Silhouettes create a story and capture the pure essence of the shot without revealing too much about the subject. The background takes the leading role of the photograph as it would otherwise be overlooked.


 
Before I die. . .
What do you want to do before you die? "Before I die..." is a wall of an old house in New Orleans, Louisiana painted with chalkboard paint. Here, people come to anonymously write their dreams of something they hope to do one day or something the want to accomplish before their lives on earth come to an end. Some are comical, some are really inspiring, some, well, I'm not really sure what to think.Take a look at the wall and let the responses speak for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment