Sunday, January 29, 2012

Short List #1



The heart-felt lyrics, the chilling facial expressions, along with the expressive choreography capture the most important part of any dance: telling a story. The male, Kupono, plays the role of an addiction pressing dominance over Kayla, who is trying to escape the wrath of its arms. I am honored to say that I've had the privilege to witness the sheer perfection in person just a mere fifteen feet away. Hair-raising, jaw-dropping, excellence.
 

TIME Picks the Top 10 Photos of 2011
Sometimes the things that have the most profound impact on one person are the scents he smells, the sounds he hears, and most importantly, the images he sees. They are the things that appeal to to our five senses that intrigues the brain and traps it in like a life-long prisoner. Nothing can be unheard; nothing can be unseen. TIME Magazine is known for producing some of the most memorable images in the history of time. This list produces images that tell the story before reading the article; that's what a picture is all about.



Best of the World 2012
Being just a small speck of a creature, in a small speck of a Midwest town, amid the vast world of endless potential, I find myself dreaming of where my life is going to take me. I know most people would be jealous of the endless corn fields and bipolar weather of Indiana, but it's just not for me. It's images like these that make me want to immediately drop everything and go.  Whether it be climbing a smoking volcano or taking in the simplistic beauty of infinite green mountains. I want an adventure; these images, these words, they take me there.

7 comments:

  1. I wish the youtube video of the dancing would work at school because you've really got me interested in what story their dance tells. Also, I love the TIME magazine Best of the World pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like both of your picture links. They really do make you wanna leave the great state of Indiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. As they've said, the way you describe the pictures in contrast to the ordinary Indiana is exciting and motivating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right there with you; the travel bug has bitten me and I can't wait to go. I feel like there is so much of life I have yet to experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of Croatia in your last link. It really shows us how much of the world there really is... it sure has made me want to travel the world so much more

    ReplyDelete
  6. great commentary about the scale of the world compared to Fort Wayne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first picture is seductive. . .

    ReplyDelete