Monday, April 9, 2012

Reading Log

Spring Break was such a great opportunity to accomplish some of my reading goals because I had a great deal of free time. My main goal was to complete The Great Gatsby, and fortunately, I succeeded. By doing so, I completed my reading goal of reading at least one classic literature novel. I have heard great things about the book, so it was definitely number one on my list for this genre. It started out kind of slow, nothing like the emotional and controversial novels I have read this semester. I considered giving up numerous times within the first couple of chapters and return to my typical fiction books I had waiting for me at home, but I really wanted to accomplish this goal so I persevered. Along with accomplishing that goal, I also succeeded in reading in unique places, such as on a charter bus next to a snoring friend while Captain America played overheard, on the beach (my favorite place), and on the top bunk of a bunk bed (I've always dreamed of having one). Although I haven't necessarily read thirty minutes everyday, some days I read more, so that makes up for it, right? In addition to The Great Gatsby, I have been reading sections of Sebastian Seung's CONNECTOME. It is probably one of the most interesting books I have read, but it is also very intensive because of it's medical and psychological lexicon.

Pages read since last post: 256                   Pages read this semester:1880

No comments:

Post a Comment