Sunday, April 22, 2012

Reading Log

For this week's reading log, I started Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Just by reading the inside cover at the library, I knew I would enjoy it. Sure enough, I was right. Once I started, I could not put it down. It reminds me somewhat of Shutter Island, one of my favorite movies. For a fiction novel, the diction is written very artistically and thoughtfully; it was a nice surprise because it keeps even the usually boring narration lively. I absolutely love the idea of including pictures in the book because they provide better mental images. Although I didn't get to read everyday like I had hoped to as a part of my goals for this quarter, I did read in a somewhat unique place once again: on the streets of downtown Wabash. That's unique, right? Hopefully this week, I will succeed in reading everyday and meet my goal of 1400 pages for the quarter!

Read this week: 120                                                            Read this semester: 2140

No comments:

Post a Comment